Tuesday, July 31, 2012

So the wedding is over...now what?

IMG_0639I don't know about you, but I went into wedding planning withdrawal shortly after the wedding festivities had ended. I didn't know what to do with all my free time - I was so used to spending hours looking at images on Pinterest, checking things off on my Knot checklist and crafting all the small details for the big day. I needed a fix and wasn't ready to let the memories of the day fade away so I went on a mission to Target and found a beautiful cloth covered banker box that happened to be in one of the wedding colors and decided to make a wedding memory box. I then wondered all over the house and picked up all things wedding related that were haphazardly strewn around asking to be lost in the shuffle - shower cards, a copy of our save the date and invitation, extra sparklers, favors from the shower and the wedding, welcome bags we gave out at the hotels, the wooden chair signs from the wedding dinner, dried flowers from my bouquet and the hub's boutonniere...the list keeps going. Once I had a nice big pile of things I carefully went through each item and placed it in the box stowing away a memory of the day. I have put the box in a safe place and can't wait to dig it out for our one year anniversary to reminisce about what a special day it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment