Friday, October 21, 2011

Save the Date

Just like you, I am in the middle of planning my wedding!! So far it has been an extremely exciting time and my fiancé, Justin, and I have nailed down our venue, caterer, and a photographer. The bride’s maids dresses and shoes are all purchased and my dress is on order! With the sixth month mark to the wedding approaching right after the holidays I have started to plan for our save the dates and am working with my life long friend and graphic designer, Amanda Fox.
These pictures represent my idea board and I used these to help explain to Amanda what I had in mind.

PeacockLimelavendarIvory The Pantone swatches represent our wedding colors and are a great resource when working with a designer. By providing them with chips they don’t have to spend time guessing what colors on the computer will match your bride’s maids dresses and flowers.

Copy
I scoured The Knot and found some inspiration pictures. I love the way Chris and Abigail worded their invitation. I think I am going to change it around a little so that it sounds more like a save the date.

poster
















Since Justin and I are going for a rustic theme, I talked to Amanda about having the save the date be in a poster format like Thor and Brooke did for their invitation so that it is something fun and different.















Deer


Finally, I loved the deer silhouette that Jeff and Katie used and am hoping that Amanda will be able to work that into the design somehow.

That was easy! Can’t wait to see what designs Amanda comes back with.

















2 comments:

  1. Kathryn! SO loving these - and also, those colors are, and always have been very you! :)

    ReplyDelete